Sunday, October 6, 2013

Abscence makes the heart grow....

I have fallen down on the job of keeping up with this blog. I have lots of photos and I have been stitching like crazy but....

Let's catch up on the stitching first:

1. BusyBee Needlecase: I stitched this little gem for the Spring Retreat. The pattern is from a blog (http://www.xstitchhappy.com). I think it turned out pretty good.
 
2. Village Bakery by Mill Hill: I am stitching the Christmas Village by Mill Hill with my friends at Fancy Works. So far this is the only one I got done. I am behind as usual (a day late and dollar short). [The model is Poonchi the Shih Tzu. Ain't he cute?]
 
3. Ornament Trio: I stitched two of the ornaments from this magazine piece for an exchange. This is the first time I created any ornaments on my own. I tried a few new things. I used DMC silk expressions (rayon) and did the finishing myself. They are not perfect but I did like them especially the colors.
 
4. Sugar and Spice Birth Announcement by Brooke's Book Publishing: A good friend of mine had a baby girl back in February. (I posted the beginning of this previously.) I just love this design and can't wait to give it to my friend.
 
4. Whatever! by Amy Bruecken Designs: This was a chart chosen by the Child. He begged and begged and begged. Now it hangs on his door. Liz Stapleton of Fancy Works did a wonderful job of finishing it (I will have to post a picture of that later).
 
5. God and Chocolate by the Stitching Bear: I stitched this piece for a friend in scouting who was going through a lot. Things are better now but chocolate is forever. Once again Liz Stapleton of Fancy Works did a magnificent job of finishing my stitching. Its even better looking in person.
 
 
 
6. A Star Graduate by Trail Creek Farm: I stitched this wonderful little doodle for my Baby Brother, Jit. He graduated high school in June and has started college. I can't believe he is 18 now. I haven't finished this piece but it will be a sachet for his underwear draw with lavender from a Michigan farm. Got to keep him smelling good. I'm going to clean it up and make it into a pillow very soon.
 
7. Outrageous Owls by Glendon Place: I didn't stitch the whole design, but took two of the owls to create a little needlebook for a exchange. It turned out really great.


 
Well that is all that is done. I am working on two small projects (Wicked Wanda from a magazine and Let's Purr by Ursula Michaels). I hope to be working on a large commissioned piece soon. I'm very excited about it. I hope it comes out exactly as I picture it. But then again they rarely do. That's the joy and frustration of stitching.
 
Now on to other things that have gone on in the mean time.
 

1. The Garden: Mom and I went all out in the garden this summer. Below is a picture of the corn when it first started. Bobby loved to hide in the corn on a hot summer day. Eventually the corn and everything else in the garden was taller than mum (which isn't hard to do).

 
2. The Child and I have been having lots adventures with the Cub Scouts. There were two weekend camping trips, one of which was rained out. It was the first time the Child ever slept in a tent. Then we had Cub Scout day camp. The Child earned 4 belt loops in three days. Now it is the school year and we are both very busily checking things off the scouting list.
 
 
3. As busy as I am, I have gotten some knitting in. I completed a hat and a pair of fingerless gloves for one of the boys. When all else fails I work on my very fluffy baby blanket (sorry no picture).
 
 
4. As mentioned above, my baby brother graduated from high school and started college. My father asked me to make my baby bro a quilt. His favorite color is black. I just could bring myself to make a black quilt. So the quilt is black and white. I have never had a quilt long armed quilted. It turned out really well. I went to Sheila's Sew Time to get it quilted. They were absolutely brilliant. Here are pics of the progress.




 
5. Finally some very good news....... Mom bought a new car!
 
 
There is probably more I could add but this post is long enough as it is.
Cheers!
 
Jessica


1 comment: